Sunday, August 27, 2006

thrifted ethnic shift dress

thrifted african shift - beforeAfter a trip to the CASA Thrift Store - which is my new favorite - I found this bold print shift/thing in the underwear section. After seaming-ripping everything, I discovered the name Comatex S.A. along one selvedge and that it's 100% cotton.

blouse patterns for african shift re-doI'm going to remake this into a more flattering dress for myself. I need a simple all cotton dress! I'm using Butterick 6341 for the neckline and sleeves and McCall's 2094 for the dart placement.

muslin piece for african shift re-doI drew up a new pattern on white paper and started a muslin. I have a feeling that it is going to be too big, and if that's the case, I'll re-draft and re-cut everything. Stay tuned for the final product. I promise it will be modelled in a prettier place.

No comments: