Friday, October 27, 2006

Autumn brings vintage dresses.

vintage orange shirt dress with embroidered bodice and pleated skirt
Click photo for more views.

A lovely lady from California sent me two of her Grandmother's dresses from the 50s. I'll take care of them of course!

This first dress features touches of embroidery all over: lining the edge of the cuffed sleeves and collar, scattered over the pleated skirt, and most prominent on the button-up bodice. The amazing thing is it fits me! And we all know how wonderful it is when that happens. 

Here, I wore it with a turquoise scarf from my own grandmother, a thrifted wide brown belt, a pair of faux leather woven tan heels, and a maroon/white shoulderbag crocheted by my grandmother.

I spent the first part of the day in Clearwater with Michele. We shopped until we literally dropped. No second-hand stores, though. Highlights:
- falling in love with Audrey Hepburn pants at the Gap
- bringing home great-fitting clothing: four plain tshirts, pair of leggings, pair of jeans (my first brand new pair since I was fourteen)
- eating a Garden Po'Boy at Jason's Deli
- bring home edible goodies from The Fresh Market
- bonding with the mother-in-law (thanks for everything Mikie)

No comments: