Thursday, May 04, 2006

dress, dresser, and dressed up wingback

Last week, I spent a few hours with Jackie one day and with Oma and Opa on another day. I ended up leaving with all sorts of neat things, like...

+ 3 80s leather shoulderbags with gold accents and neat metal closures
+ 1 wingback (?) chair that she lovingly reupholstered
+ 1 secondhand yellow/pea green curtain panel (same color as our living room wall) which serves as a cover for the chair
+ 1 secondhand dark wood night stand with tiny drawer
+ 1 secondhand dark wood mini-dresser that matches a large dresser I already have
+ 1 tall gold desktop clock with chime and glass dome cover
+ 3 pieces of fabric, with printed pieces/instructions to make 2 dolls and 1 country cow apron

Here is the little dresser. It's only a few feet tall. My grandmother crocheted the orange and green mat.
crocheted mat and vintage dressercrocheted mat and vintage dresser

Earlier in the month, I wore this robe/dress thing. I'm still wondering what I will do with it (sell, reconstruct, keep?). Click for full-size picture.
vintage asian-inspired full-length robe

No comments: