Saturday, February 11, 2006

Candace sent me books!

Robert's mother's sister's friend Candace has been reading my journal and thought I'd enjoy some books of hers that she no longer needs.

1. Classic Millinery Techniques: A Complete Guide to Making & Designing Today's Hats
2. Hat Tricks: 80 Instant Makeovers to Transform Ordinary Hats into Fabulous Creations
3. Stitch & Stencil: Over 40 Easy Fabric-Based Projects
4. The Complete Soapmaker: Tips, Techniques & Recipes For Luxurious Handmade Soaps
5. The Complete Candlemaker: Techniques, Projects, and Inspirations

I'm really getting into the first book. But in order to jump into any millinery projects, I'll definitely need a wooden hat block thing - which I've never seen in person. And then some buckram and millinery ribbon. I have almost everything else. Perhaps I'll hit up St. Pete Freecycle to see if anyone has a hat block. Wish me luck!

Also, in my research I found this inspirational painting by frenchman Edgar Degas - The Millinery Shop. According to the Art Institute of Chicago, its oil on canvas and from 1884/90. I forgot how much I enjoy Impressionism.
The Millinery Shop by Edgar Degas

No comments: