Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Last night around a quarter til 11pm, Rob, Steve, and I set out to a small beach to find some winds for kite flying. We found some. I helped and watched. I didn't fly myself because I am unskilled and have never flown at night before.


It's been a while since I've been to a beach at night time. It's kinda of crazy to look out at the water and the sky. The only thing that seperates the two is thin of line of lights where the two masses meet. I found it also strange that birds stood, doing nothing that I could see, in many groups on the wet sand. They do the same thing during the day time, so why shouldn't they at night? I never thought of this. I figured they would have flown home to the family for the night or just somewhere else. But where else would they go? I don't know.


I regretted not bringing my camera, but eventually that gave way to the appreciation of things at present. We stayed until around 1am I think (despite the park "ranger" shooing us away at 11pm). Rob broke the spine of another stunt kite; he says he has the "Death Touch." Steven enjoyed a long bout of being dragged around by his kite. I enjoyed watching and whooping at the birds when they whooped at me.

No comments: